Thursday, December 22, 2011

Non yarn

As much as I love yarn, I'll play with other crafting supplies. One of my favorite things to craft with is glitter! I'm someone who loves sparkle and glitter definitely achieves that! I don't recommend using it with little kids, but there are ways to get kids and glitter together without using the loose glitter (glitter glue pens).

I had a thought a couple weeks ago that I wanted to make a Christmas ornament to symbolize mine and my husband's first Christmas together as a married couple. I went to Michael's to buy some glitter and a pack of clear glass ornaments. I came home, spray-adhesived the entire inside of the ornament, put some light blue and white iridescent glitter inside along with some of the leftover sand we used at our wedding and swirled it around to coat the inside of the ball. It looked amazing! I then took a sharpie and wrote on it with our names and the year and hung it on the tree! I think altogether the supplies costed just over $10, but I am thrilled with how it turned out and am thinking this idea could be next year's gift to all the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment