Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Crafting Thoughts

So I thought it was only smart to list some of my favorite crafting tools and supplies since this blog is supposed to be about being creative, LoL.

My passion in the crafting world is knitting and crocheting! I guess I should have said that my passion was yarn and I love to knit and crochet with it, but it makes me happy to make things with yarn; especially when I make something for someone else! I get the greatest pleasure out of making things for other people!

I absolutely love LionBrand.com yarn! Granted, some of the yarn under the label can be a little on the pricey side, but the quality makes it worth it! I'm not a fan of the cheap, scratchy yarn so I'm willing to spend a little more on softer, nicer quality yarn because it shows you care more. Which brings me to a point: When you make a gift for someone as opposed to just buying it, I think it means more to the receiver. I just want to point out that I'm not against store bought gifts!

So here's some of my LionBrand yarn creations:
Beach Scarf

Jelly Bean Scarf

Furry Pocket Scarf

I also love the 100% cotton yarn (sugarncream.com)! It's great for making anything for the kitchen (dishcloths, hotpads, potholders, etc) and one of my favorites, purses!
Striped Tote Bag

Concert purse and Ice Cream purse

No comments:

Post a Comment