Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Another non-creative thing


I thought I'd share some cool things from the last few years. I love country music and in the last 5 years or so I've had the extreme pleasure of meeting some up and comers. I learned a few things about meeting singers (I haven't met an actor or an athlete so I don't know if the same rules apply) and the big thing is meeting them before they're big because once they're doing sold out shows, it's not so easy to get an autograph and a picture with them!

The first country singer I met was Keith Anderson. He was playing a show about 40 minutes from my hometown and after the show, I hung around for a bit. I followed some people to his tour bus and a while later, he came out and headed to the merchandising tent to sign and take pix with the fans who didn't have the meet-and-greet passes!

Keith Anderson 2006


I won't go into a long story about everyone I met, but listening to the radio helps! 
American Idol contestant Bucky Covington


Jason Michael Carroll-such a nice guy!


American Idol contestant Matt Giraud

Newcomer Frankie Ballard!


Newcomer Shelagh Brown


So among my concert travels, I've met a few people from 'close to home'. Frankie Ballard is from a city 20 miles from where I used to live, Shelagh Brown is from my hometown, Matt Giraud went to school in my hometown and last but not least, newcomer Brantley Gilbert is from a town a little ways away from where I'm currently living!
Newcomer Brantley Gilbert



No comments:

Post a Comment